Ed is Vice President, Product Management and Design and has been a pioneer and leader in adoption of social networking in business for over a decade, as one of IBM’s first public bloggers and a tireless customer advocate. He is now in his fifth tour of duty in brand/product management, as well as leading our collaboration product design team. He has also held leadership roles in marketing, strategy, sales, and IT operations. Author of bestselling IBM Press book: “Opting In: Lessons in Social Business from a Fortune 500 Product Manager”.
• 25 years in technology — customer, vendor, community and industry leader
• 22 years at IBM — strategy, marketing, product and sales leadership roles
• Building and leveraging online communities for success for a global brand
• As product sales executive for IBM Notes, drove 40% growth 2004-2008 as part of a US$1B business
• Experienced people and matrix manager, proven community and market builder, frequent and in-demand public speaker
• Have visited clients in over 40 countries worldwide; conversational Spanish speaker, cultural navigator